Thursday, June 09, 2005

What's with the Anti-TV blog?

I know, I know... This blog is probably a pitiful idea, but it's really more for my benefit than anyone else's. I have attempted to stop watching so much TV once before, which worked for a few weeks, but I went right back to it when a new season of American Idol and ALIAS came on.

Television is definitely the BIGGEST time waster I've ever battled, and it is a powerful foe. In future posts, I'll be talking about all the reasons why watching TV is a bad idea, and I'll be sharing my own personal experiences and pointers as I attempt to stop watching (again). For tonight though, the idea for this blog hit me, and it sounded like a good one, so I at least wanted to get started. Procrastination, by the way, is one of the worst by-products of too much TV viewing and I've been plagued by it far too long. So, when I do have an idea, it's usually very difficult for me to get off my butt and do something about it.

As I said, the blog is really for my benefit because it will allow me to document my progress, identify my weaknesses, and record my successes. If it helps a few other TV-addicts along the way, then we'll all be better people for it.

I also have a growing collection of anti-TV websites, resources, articles and more which I'll be sharing as appropriate. Or, I'll be linking to them on the sidebar. Check back often -- I'm going to try to blog at least once a day, maybe more depending how things go.

No comments: