Saturday, June 11, 2005

A TV Free Day!

Today has been great... It started off by sleeping in until 10am which is always a nice thing to do. :-)

After I got up, ate breakfast, checked email and sent a few responses, I got a shower so my wife and I could head up into Michigan to look for property on a lake. Why? Because we still have a modular home in a park that we used to live in. Since moving to our new home about 6 months ago, we haven't had any luck trying to sell the modular. We decided to look into other options, and one good one is to move it to a nice piece of property where it can be turned into a rental / weekend getaway.

So Michele and I spent several hours leisurely driving around Devils Lake, Round Lake and several other small lakes in the same area. What we discovered was that property on or near a lake is VERY expensive! One empty lot we found turned out to actually be 3 lots which totaled 1 acre. The lots were $350K each, so that puts the property at just over 1 million dollars. Maybe we should look for a nice puddle to live next to... :-(

Oh yea, we also grabbed a bite to eat and then later stopped for a little ice-cream treat. I had a wonderful peanut butter cup flurry. YUMMY!

Since we got home around 6:30pm, I've spent some time reading my new book, doing a little more research on the Internet, and of course, updating my blog.

So far, this has been a 100% TV-FREE day and I haven't missed it one bit. I think the secret is to stay busy doing other things.

Well, my kids want to go see a movie with their friends and they need a ride. See you later!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I could never do it, man. Kudos to you.

Unknown said...

Ah, c'mon Benjamin! I challenge you to just give it a try. If you think you might be addicted, find out for sure by turning the tube off for 1 week. I think you can do it!