Monday, June 13, 2005

This is going to take some work...

I can see that my wife is going to be a tough nut to crack when it comes to this TV stuff. Last night I went downstairs to ask if she wanted to play a card game for old times sake.

See, we used to play 500 Rummy (or something like that) all the time when we were dating. Apparently, after you get married there is some unspoken rule that you have to just sit in front of the tube and watch each others butts get fatter.

Needless to say, the answer I got to the playing cards question was a reluctant "NAH", but she did want to talk about our modular home and buying property on a lake. I was happy to talk about that, so I asked if she would please turn off the TV first. That request didn't seem to register with her brain, so we talked for about 10 or 15 minutes while I tried my best to ignore the flashy lights and crap spewing from the television.

Our talk ended, I said goodnight, and she resumed her TV viewing... Lord, give me strength!

No comments: