Saturday, June 11, 2005

Television vs. Computer

Wait a minute...I'm not going to bed just yet. After my last post, I remembered this little article that talks about the computer versus the television. There are many differing opinions, but everyone seems to agree that the computer is definitely different (better?) because it is interactive.

Personally, I feel much better after an hour or two on the computer than I do after watching TV for the same amount of time. I can learn, talk to others, improve my typing skills, check up on my investments, and a hundred other things. What can I do while watching TV? Not much... Sure, there are educational shows on, but I can learn the same stuff on the Internet, and at least then I'm forced to find and read which does a much better job of engaging my brain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great point - and that is so true! Now that you mention it, I've had the same experience. When I'm on the computer, I usually have more energy because I'm engaging my brain and doing something productive (well, usually). While watching TV, my brain pretty much shuts down and I go into some sort of zombie zone...