Friday, June 10, 2005

It was going so well, and then BAM -- the whole plan fell apart!

This will probably be my only post today since it's already after 11pm.

I got home from work today and was happy to see some new investing books had arrived from Amazon. I've been wanting to get more active with my investing so I decided to start studying various systems for stock trading. I'm currently reading "The Sucessful Investor" which looks like a great book so far. I'll let you know how it turns out...

So anyway a friend asked if I wanted to meet him at the bike trail for a ride after work today and I happily accepted the offer. Once home, I grabbed something light to eat, changed my clothes, made sure my bike tires were aired up, and headed for the trail. We rode a little over 18 miles which actually felt great! He has a brand new road bike, and mine is a hybrid (part road, part trail) so it took a lot of work to keep up with him! It was also over 80 degrees outside so I was drenched when I got home.

I came in the house and sat on the floor in the family room to recuperate and talk to Michele and the kids. They, of course, were sitting there watching TV. Well I wasn't there more than 10 minutes when "7th Heaven" came on the tube. I have always LOVED that show because it is positive, uplifting and wholesome, so guess what? Yup, you guessed it... I sat there and watched the whole thing!

Geez, I was doing so well for an entire day, and then in a moment of weakness I broke down. After 7th Heaven, I then sat there for about 15 more minutes and watched Hannity and Colmes for an update on the recent kidnapping case. Finally, I snapped to my senses and went upstairs to take a shower. After that, I spent some time reading one of my new books, called my parents to talk about plans for this weekend, and then settled down at the computer to check my email and update my blog.

I suppose I won't beat myself up too bad. An hour and 15 minutes of TV is WAY better than 7 hours and then falling asleep on the floor. I'm sleeping in my bed tonight!

No comments: