Sunday, June 12, 2005

No Respect for the Birthday Boy

When I went downstairs this morning to see if everyone was ready to go eat, Michele was sitting there watching some gardening show on TV. I sat down to tell her about my new blog, but she seemed too engrossed in her show for my petty ramblings. All the while I was talking to her, the most I would get is an occasional glance and an "uh huh". I asked if she could please pay attention to me for 2 minutes since it is my birthday afterall.

She stopped watching for a second to point out my gifts which were sitting on the love seat, and she indicated that she wanted me to open them. I asked if she would turn off the TV long enough to at least watch me open them. She acted as though I just killed her favorite pet. Reluctantly, she turned off the TV and slammed the remote down on the end table. My daughter, being the comedian she is, said, "Be careful mom, whatever will you do if that gets broken?" Thanks Patricia! :-)

So anyway, the gift opening ceremony went off without a hitch and then we all headed out to breakfast.

Low and behold, upon arriving home -- we were locked out of the house!!! My wife has done this to us in the past because for some reason the house key is never on her key ring where it's supposed to be. Had I driven to breakfast, we would have been fine. Thankfully, I took a lock-picking course on the computer a few weeks ago (no kidding) and was able to get us in using a small screwdriver and a tiny little Allen wrench. See, and you thought the computer was just as bad as the TV. HA!

I just can't get any respect today...

2 comments:

Ethan said...

hello. yes i agree with you tv is a big waste of time! so i see in your profile your favorite book is the Bible. are you a Christian?

Unknown said...

Yes, I definitely consider myself a Christian. But I'm also open minded and realize that with all the religions and belief systems out there, there could be more than one "right" answer to the tough questions in life.