Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Time for a Party - I'll Bring the Confetti!

Friends, that is one MONSTER bag of shredded uselessness!

In case you're wondering why I've posted a picture of a bag filled with tiny scraps of paper, you'll need to read my previous posts from earlier tonight. Er, make that from late last night.


As always, you can click on the pic for a larger view.

If I had to guess, I'd say it weighs at least 30 pounds. I even had to squish it down with my foot twice to get more in there.

Do you realize that bag represents about 4 years worth of old receipts, statements, bills, and God knows what else? All the while I was shredding, I kept asking myself, "Why...why in the world would I save all this crap?!?"

Wait, I know! Because I was too busy doing other important things like trying to make a permanent imprint of my butt in one of the couch cushions.

Geesh, would ya' look at the time? I'm obviously delirious from sleep deprivation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save that bag - we'll have a big "Mautism" party when Jerry arrives! :-)

Seriously, would you believe that just before I read your email (and then your blog) I was doing exactly what you referred to in a previous blog........cleaning out and throwing away. Actually, I do that on a regular basis. (the difference is that I sometimes take a drawer or box into the family room and sort it while I watch TV ;-) hehe It truly does make us more productive and at peace to keep clutter out of our lives.......Shelly, are you listening?

Good luck on your quest, Dave!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Sis, thanks for the comment!

For everyone else wondering what "Mautism" is, it's a rare disorder that only affects Mauders. It alone is responsible for how strange we all are. Trust me, if you went to a family reunion, you'd understand.