Sunday, June 12, 2005

Another TV (almost) FREE Day

Here's a quick update on what happened since my last post... We held the open house at our modular home and, as I suspected, had a whopping ZERO people attend. This is getting very discouraging. In fact, we decided to stop holding regular open houses and just do showings by appointment only.

By the way, if you're looking for some nice cheap living in Sylvania Ohio, make me an offer on this beautiful modular home! ;-)

Anyway, after the open house, I went out to visit my parents. I knew this was going to be a challenge because they ALWAYS have the TV on. Sure enough, I got there and the brain drizzle was actively spilling out of the little black box on their entertainment center. They have two TV's, both of which are centrally positioned in either the family or living room. So basically, there is no escaping it other than to switch it off.

We sat in the family room for our visit, and for most of the time, the TV was on. As we visited, I caught myself glancing at the tube at least a dozen times. Whatever show was on didn't really register with me because I caught myself each time and quickly looked away. The point is, my attention was literally drawn to it like a magnet! I also noticed that both of my parents would regularly check the TV while we were talking. They weren't really watching anything, it was just as if they had to make sure there wasn't anything interesting on. Eventually, my brother showed up and my dad decided to turn the TV off.

Long story short, I made it out alive and didn't lock eyes with the boob tube for more than a total of 10 minutes while I was there. I'd call that an almost TV-free day, wouldn't you? C'mon, give a guy a break!

Since I got home from there, I've just been making some updates to my website and my blog. My wife is still out at her sisters house, but I'm sure the TV will be on within minutes of her getting home. I'll just stay up here in my office where it's safe!

No comments: