Monday, June 13, 2005

Watching TV Makes You Fat

Yes, I know that title is shocking and hard to believe, but it's true. Parking your rear end on the couch and not moving for several hours at a time just might add a few pounds to your "bottom line".

I found this article the last time I decided to stop watching TV which was also when I went on a big kick to get into better shape. I was following the Body for Life plan (reference at the end of the article) and went from 198 pounds down to 170 in about 6 months. I felt great!

Unfortunately, words just can't describe how wonderful it was to get back to watching TV and see ALL that weight come back in a matter of two months! ARGH!!!!

Do yourself a favor, read "Watching TV Makes You Fat." Some of the statistics are pretty scary, but I can personally attest to the fact that watching TV is NOT part of an effective diet & fitness plan!

By the way, I've read more than my fair share of diet and fitness books and I have to say that Body for Life (BFL) is probably the best I've ever encountered. It's easy to read, easy to follow, and is full of plain ol' down to earth common sense. I highly recommend it as part of your "Stop Watching and Start Moving" campaign! For an even more comprehensive program that is very similar to Body for Life (and possibly more effective), check out my review of "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (BFFM)." BFFM comes in eBook format so you can download it instantly versus waiting for a book to arrive via snail mail. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Ron! There's strength in numbers, so let's get the word out and TURN OFF THE TV! :-)